- Keep your heel on the ground and push with your toes.
- Aim to stop a car length before where you actually want to stop and roll up to it.
- Watch your speed when going down hill.
- Stay with 5km of the speed limit on clear roads.
- Notice the 30km speed zones.
Steering / Hand Position:
- Move your hands and make big turns when needed.
- Keep the vehicle straight, make small adjustments to drive straight.
- Keep both hands on the wheel and don't drop them when slowing down.
Turning and Gap Selection:
- Left turns angle the car with the road.
- Right turns keep the car straight and find the center before turning.
- Don't cut the corner. Stay on your side of the road.
- Left turns, you must check left blindspot (cycle / bus lanes)
- Right turns, check right blind spot before moving right. Not while turning.
- Make big turns when needed and move your hands around when required don't keep them twisted when turning.
- Don't lean forward while moving forward. If you can't see, stop and then edge forward or lean forward when the car is fully stopped.
- Indicate before stopping.
- Stay in your lane while turning.
- Be Ready before, check both sides while waiting to turn.
- You must see 100 meters on each side before turning.
- Follow the give way rule, don't go if signalled by another driver to move unless they have no room to move.
Curb-side / Parking on the side of the road:
- You must be under 30cm from the curb when stopped
- Indicate and check your left blindspot before moving left.
- Don't brake hard.
- Know what is behind you.
- Don't move suddenly.
- Don't get too close to the vehicle in front.
Keep Reasonable To The Left:
- Keep more left than right.
- Avoid small stones and debris on the road.
- Don't run over rubbish.
U Turns and 3 Point Turns:
- Indicate right and recheck your right blindspot for cars coming out of driveways.
- Don't stop for no reason.
- Stay on the road and keep reasonable to the left.
- Don't go into driveways.
- Indicate right and check both sides on the 3rd turn when doing a 3 Point Turn.
- Indicate left before stopping.
- Recheck the right sides, take your time and move.
- Use the space behind you.
- Don't be too close to the other vehicle.
- You have 2 minutes and you can go back and forth 4 times.
Merging and Lane Changing:
- You must indicate (when needed) and check your blindspot always.
- Know what is next to you and behind you before getting to the merge.
- Avoid having vehicles next to you or in your blindspot.