- Angle parking let the car roll out, in REVERSE (Not Neutral)
- Before moving back, turn your head and look back, Don't just use the mirrors
- Indicate before moving
- Look out for other learner driver backing out
- Use the space around you and keep on your side of the road (oneway street)
| || |
Duallanes - Changing Lanes and Merging:
Dont Rush / Nothing Sudden
- Indicate and Check your Blind Spot
- Keep left and use the space around you
- Recheck your blind spot
- Look at the yellow triangles on the road (Fire Hydrants) keep on the let off them.
- Check both sides, even if you have the right of way
- Look for Police Cars, Fire Engines and Ambulances
- Green lights will always change, be ready before
- Angling the car to the left, will make it easier to turn left, right and go straight at roundabouts.
- Indicate out and always check both sides [Refer to lesson notes: You are going to give way to vehicles on your right but, they will give way to vehicles on there right and so on back to you]
- Stay in your lane
- Comfortable speed - Aim for 20km
- Look at the indicators of the other vehicles and check which lane is going were?
- Keep on your side and don't be too wide
- Don't cut corners
- You have to fully stop
- Stop, wait and then go
- You can also fail if you wait after the full stop for more then 5seconds if it is safe to move
| || |
- Dont rush, look ahead and be ready before the last car passes to move out.
- You will be driving at the speed limit, presume everyone else are running late and will being rushing.
- Check both sides 100metres / 3 lamp posts.
- Know where everyone else should go.
- Release your hand brake
- Indicate before moving on /off
- Check your blind spot before moving
- You don't want to feel the car moving left or right
- Keep indicating till you have fully stopped
Angle the car to the left and go a bit wide to make a safe turn in the left lane