- When changing lanes or merging don't brake suddenly.
- When braking or slowing down, always know what is behind you. Check your center mirror.
- Keep a safe following distance when following trucks (4 seconds)
- Drive to the road conditions, when the road gets narrow.
- Parallel Parking take your time and find several reference to see where the car is going. Recheck right side and right blindspot don't get too focused on the left side.
- When turning left or right you must see 100 meters on each side, don't go because the vehicle next to you is turning.
- On dual lane roundabouts check and know it is safe before moving.
- Lane changing and merging make sure you keep indicating till all 4 wheels are in the other lane.
- 3 Point Turn - You must indicate right on the third turn.
- When turning right on narrow roads don't cut the corner, find the center and keep on your side of the road.
- When turning left angle the car with road.
- Traffic lights always check both sides, even when green.
- When one lane splits into two lanes, aim to keep in the left lane.
- Keep your heel on the ground and push the accelerator or brake with your toes and not your whole foot.
- When waiting at lights stay back incase the vehicle in front rolls back.
- Keep Reasonably to the left, you can drive over empty bus stops.
- On curved roads let the car roll around, don't brake on the corner.
- Roundabouts with multiple lanes beware of the cars in the other lane they might cross over into your lane. Look ahead don't brake hard and angle the car with the road.
- You are allowed to move your hands and make big turns when needed.
- Check all side streets, look ahead and outwards. Cover your brake but don't brake suddenly
- Changing lanes or merging in a high speed zone, check and recheck your blindspot/shoulder check but don't keep looking. Just do a quick glance over your shoulder.
- When driving on multiple lanes be prepared to change lanes, know who is in your blindspot, avoid having vehicles in your blindspot.
- While waiting to turn check both sides and be ready before.
- When doing a U Turn at a dead end road keep left all the way through the turn
| || |