- Adjust seat and mirrors.
- Keep reasonable to the left
- Know what is behind you, (move your chin / head up look at centre mirror) before braking
- All intersections, as you approach try to see 3 lamp posts (100meters) on each side.
- Downhill, don’t speed and then brake suddenly. Just let the car roll
- Greenlight - always check both sides. You are looking for Police, fire and ambulance vehicles, and any vehicle that might come through
- Be slow before turning aim to be around 20-25km, let the car roll around. Don’t brake after turning.
- Wide roads - keep left. 1 lane splitting into 2 lanes aim for left lane.
- Dual lane turns - stay in your lane. Don’t have vehicle next to you as you turn.
- Merging - Indicate and check you blind spot / shoulder check. Don’t move suddenly to one side
- Curved Roads - just roll around, don’t keep speeding as you go around a corner. Let go of the speed before the curve. speed softly as the car gets straight.
- Left Turn - check the cycle / bus lane before turning (Blind Spot)
- Roundabouts - indicate out - know which exit you need to take
- Avoid parked cars but beware of cars coming from the front
- Left Turns - Angle the car.
- When turning move your hands up, make a big turn. Don’t let go of the steering with both hands.
- If you are moving around vehicle (moving 50cm) check your Blind Spot.
- Narrow roads with blind corners - keep left
- Right Turn - Keep left / don’t cut corners
- Straight Roads - Look outwards (100mtrs) and know what is behind you every 10-15 seconds. Every lamp post look somewhere different rather then looking everywhere at the same time.
- Right Turns - Find the centre of the road before turning. and be ready before the last vehicle passes.
- U-turn - keep left, right and check blind spot.
- Passing parked cars on narrow roads - If all 4 wheels are over the centre line, indicate right till you pass the vehicles and the indicate left.
- Don’t be to close to the cars in-front, when waiting in traffic. Stay back so you can see the ground.
Driving Test Tips and Advice
Learn from what other have done wrong and try not to repeat them.