- U-Turn - Turn the wheel back, Don’t just let go of the steering wheel. indicated and check your blindspot.
- Hill Starts - Hold the hand brake up with the button in, while letting of the clutch.
- Left Turn - check your left blindspot for cyclist.
- Don’t ride the clutch around corners.
- Ducks on the road - Slow down, they will take longer to cross the road.
- Hill Starts - aim for 1,500rpm
- Right Turns - start getting the clutch ready as the last car passes. Be ready before
- Empty Bus Stops - You can drive over empty bus stops.
- If you cant see the ground you are already too close.
- Reversing - hold the clutch, don’t let go of the clutch and then brake, the car will stall. Clutch out and then in before braking
- Don’t in 2nd gear for too long. +30km 3rd gear.
- Coming out of the carpark / Backing - hold the clutch to move slowly (clutch out/in) reverse hill starts
- Try to see 100mts (3 lamp posts) on each side before saying its safe to turn.
- Change gears when you need to
Manual Lesson Notes
Driving Test Tips and Advice
Learn from what other have done wrong and try not to repeat them.