- Internal Controls - Seatbelt
- Left Turns - angle the car, turn with the road
- Before braking / slowing down know what is behind you. Always check your centre mirror.
- Narrow Roads - Keep Left
- Gap Selection - Look ahead and be ready before the last vehicle passes.
- Roundabouts - Angle the car
- Moving Off the Road - Indicate, check your centre mirror (behind you) and shoulder check
- Lane Changing / Merging - Indicate, check your centre mirror (behind you) and shoulder check
- Pedestrians Crossing - Don’t stop for no reason, check both sides. Look outward
- Speed Bumps - Roll over, aim for 20km don’t brake suddenly and know if there is a vehicle behind you.
- Focus on Indicting, Mirror Usage and Blind Spot/Shoulder Checks
- Don’t speed up, when moving off the road. Let the car roll
- Know what is next to you, when moving around parked cars. Blind Spot Checks.
- Avoid bottle necks - react earlier be slow and roll through
- Parallel Parking - Know what is behind you / Recheck the right side / using the space around you / aim to be under 30cm from the curb.
- U-Turn - Indicate right, check you right side and keep left.
- Right Turn - Aim for 20km (Don’t be too slow)
- Hand Position - Move your hands, don’t twist when turning.
- Shoulder Checks - when moving around parked cars check you blind spot. If all 4 wheels move over the centre line Indicated.
- Stop Signs - Stop pause and then move off
- Searching - Move your chin when looking around.
- Turning - Don’t look while turning. Check before turning.
- Roundabout - Angle the car and be ready before.
- Hazards - Look outwards 12 seconds
- Narrow Roads - Indicate when moving around parked cars
- Blind Corners / Sharp Turns - keep left to avoid oncoming cars
- Mirror Usage - Check every 10-15 seconds // Know what is behind you
- Speed Control - School Zone 40km - During school pickup / drop-off times, when 40km is on or when school kids are present.
- Large Trucks - keep your distance, react to other vehicles
- Motorways Onramp - Nothing sudden and make a small 2 degree turn, Keep indicating till you are fully in the other lane
- Lane Change - Indicate, mirror and check blind spot.
- Indicate when you need to change lanes or when turning. Don’t keep your hands on the indicators for no reason.
- Greenlight / All Intersection - Check both sides
- Don’t be to close to vehicles infront. Keep a safe following distance and stopping distance. Stay back so you can see the road marking.
- Lane Change Uphill - don’t brake going uphill
Key Points from simulated test
Key Points from Simulated Restricted Test
Driving Test Tips and Advice
Learn from what other have done wrong and try not to repeat them.