- Don’t rush, when exiting the car park and keep left.
- Keep a safe following distance when following other vehicles.
- When stopped in a queue, stay back, so you can see the ground.
- Move into the turning bays before slowing down, check blindspot before moving in.
- Narrow roads - stay back, look ahead and avoid bottlenecks. Indicate to pass parked cars
- While waiting to turn - check both sides (and oncoming vehicles at cross roads).
- Keep left and you can drive over an empty bus stop - oncoming truck
- Orange light = Red light. All traffic lights be prepared for them to change.
- Green Light - check both sides, you are looking for hazards
- Merging - must indicate and check blindspot
- Foot position on paddles - keep your heel on the ground and push with your toes
- Check the center mirror before and after every intersection.
- Wide Roads - Keep left
- More searching - look outward before and after every intersection (it’s never enough). Activity search for hazards.
- Empty Bus Stop - you can drive over them to keep left
- Avoid changing lanes while moving through an intersection.
- Left Turn into high speed zone - Too Slow
- Blind corners - Be prepared for oncoming vehicles
- Keep both hands on the wheel while moving
- Flush Median - Don’t pause / stop while 1/2 your vehicle is sticking out.
- Roundabout - You must indicated on exit (left)
- Check the Center mirror before braking /slowing down.
- Right Turn - Stay back and crawl forward if you can’t see.
- Shoulder Check / Blind Spot Check - you must turn your head 90’ but keep your shoulders straight.
- Parallel Parking - Indicate Left before stopping. You must check the right blind spot.
- 3 Point Turn - Don’t Drive into the driveway, stay on the road.
- Lane Changing - Indicate till all 4 wheels are in the other lane
Driving Test Tips and Advice
Learn from what other have done wrong and try not to repeat them.