Lesson focusing on clutch control and changing gears.
- For now always use the handbrake when taking off, (later on only when you need to) just getting in the habit of using both your hands and feet when you take off.
- Let go for the clutch in 2 steps. Find the bitting point as you let go of the clutch and hold, when you feel the car rattling. Push softly on the speed (only a few millimetres) the car should sound normal. As you hold the clutch and speed in the same position, release the hand brake. Hold the clutch and speed for a few seconds, wait for the car to move, as it moves let go of the clutch and speed up.
- All turns aim for 20km .. If you can see 100meters on each side and it is safe (3x lamp posts) use 2nd gear. If you cant see or unsure drop down into 1st gear. The other way to think of it is: If you can only turn left or right use 1st gear (10km). If you can go straight or right/left you can see a lot more aim for 20km and use 2nd gear.
- Left Turns - Angle the car to the left, it will make turning easier and it will be easier to take off if you are on a hill.
- Roundabouts - always indicated out
- Right Turns - unlane roads keep left
- Narrow road / blind corners - If you can't see around the corner, be prepared for someone to come around.
- Uphill - use lower gears (stay in 3rd for longer)
- Don't ride the clutch around corners /when turning
- Slow down first before pushing in the clutch.
- U-turn go into 1st aim for 5-10km and indicate right and shoulder check
| || |