It's NOT a question of maybe they will make me parallel park for the restricted test... THE TESTING OFFICERS WILL MAKE YOU PARALLEL PARK !!!!!
Eight Faults for Parallel Parking
Don't forget the basics - indicate, mirror and shoulder check / blind spot check
The applicant must be able to satisfactorily manoeuvre the vehicle when completing a reverse parallel park.
- Completes the reverse parallel park in no less than two but no more than four vehicle movements and in no more than two minutes (unless traffic conditions make this unreasonable).
- Does not reverse more than 7 metres behind the rear of the vehicle in front (measured from the rear of the parked vehicle to the front of the applicant’s car).
- Finishes with the vehicle parallel to and within 300mm of the kerb.
- Finishes so that the rear wheels of the vehicle in front are visible.
- Does not hit the kerb heavily enough to cause discomfort to vehicle occupants.
- Does not allow any wheel to mount the kerb while parking.
Leaving Park - Explanation
Marking of the reverse parallel park manoeuvre will include the applicant exiting the park and rejoining the traffic flow.
- Checks in the relevant mirror/s, if safe signals and makes a head check immediately before pulling out from the kerb.
- Pulls out from the kerb in either one or two movements (ie one reverse movement if required, and one forward movement).