- Search ahead for traffic. Use the 12 second rule, Identify your potential hazards.
- Use your mirrors to identify traffic behind you.
- Do a shoulder check (check your blind spot) when you need to change lanes or merge.
- Use your indicates to communicate your intentions.
- Brake smoothly aim to let the car roll and stop.
- Adjust your speed that you are able to drive around and away from hazards, without sudden course corrections.
- Position your vehicle to avoid oncoming traffic.
- We can't see everything at once, look as far away as you can, aim high and keep your eyes moving. Get the whole picture, don’t just focus on one potential hazard and miss the other hazards.
Driving Test Tips and Advice
Learn from what other have done wrong and try not to repeat them.