FULL TEST FAILED: Feedback results from failed full driving test at Manukau Driver Test Center.
The NZ Transport Agency has for the first time revealed the 10 toughest questions from the class 1 learner licence theory test, and is encouraging all new drivers to learn the code before sitting the test.
1. When driving at night on a road with lanes you must be able to stop in half the length of clear road you can see in front of you.
2. On a Transit Lane sign, what does T2 mean?
3. If you have a rear tyre blowout, the vehicle will:
4. You have a restricted licence. A condition for driving at night without a supervisor is that you must not drive between:
5. If you have a front tyre blowout, the vehicle will:
6. When turning right from a two-laned road into a one-way street that has two lanes, which lane must you turn into?
7. If you are driving at night with your vehicle headlights on high beam, when must you dip them?
8. If you have a restricted licence you can carry a passenger if they are your spouse.
10. What is the maximum distance a load may extend in front of a car?
I always get all my students to check both sides of the road at every intersection, even if we have the right of way.
Some of my students asked, "Why do we need to check both sides before moving? Its a green light!"
It is the OTHER DRIVERS FAULT for running a red light and hitting you, but if you checked and noticed that the other vehicle was not slowing down, you could pause for less than 3 seconds and avoided the accident.
Be a few seconds late to wherever you were going or spend half the day, call the police filing a report and getting a incident number, calling the insurance company and giving them the police incident number and spending over 30 minutes on the phone recreating the incident.
Taking time off work going to the panel beaters, having them take photos of the vehicle for the insurance company. Might take 1-2 days for the insurance company to get back and approve it.
You will still have to pay the excess ($700+) to the panel beaters and then the insurance company will chase the other driver for the damages. Once the other driver paid the insurance company, they will refund you the excess.
If the other driver decides not to paid or their insurance company disputes the claim, you will spend another 1-2hrs in a small disputes courts.
The video will make it much easier to prove you are right, but the time wasted is a waste of TIME.
The video clip is 8 seconds long. A few more seconds searching wont hurt anyone.
I had two student fail there restricted driving test this week in Manukau
Israel Ave and Boundary Road
Right turn into Boundary, roadworks at the roundabout with a posted speed sign of 30km. Student failed to slow down to 30km and maintain 30km till reaching the roundabout
Driving Test Tips and Advice
Learn from what other have done wrong and try not to repeat them.