You will need to bring your drivers licence with you for the lesson / simulated test / actual test.
Temporary / Paper licence you will require photo ID, with the same name as your temporary licence.
The NZ Transport Agency has had herringbone (transverse) line markings applied on SH34 on the approach to the State Highway 30 intersection. The purpose is to give drivers more notice about their speed when approaching the intersection.
Have you seen them on New Zealand Roads ?
The transverse markings consisted of a series of parallel bars on the inside edges of the travel lane. The spacing between bars decreased approaching the community. The series of markings are intended to create the perception that the vehicle"s speed is increasing to trigger driver awareness of the need to slow down.
Penrose Test Area
1. Leaving the carpark – indicate out and do a shoulder check.
2. Left Turn on GSR – there are 2 lanes keep in the left lane.
3. Left Turn on Rockfield – Check your left blind spot for cyclist and also check for vehicle turning right and people crossing the road
4. Ewenson Ave – the road is narrow, keep left
5. Konini Road – it has a sharp corner, keep left, don’t go over the center line
6. GSR – downhill watch your speed when changing lanes
7. Business Park – recheck the pedestrian crossing (go slower)
8. Moving off/on the road – shoulder check
9. Before Turning Right into GSR – you need to move into the right lane. Indicate and check your right shoulder / blind spot
10. Haronui Road / narrow roads – took close to other vehicles
11. Parallel Parking on Cadman – took wide / Recheck
12. U-turn on Kawau – don’t rush, keep left and check your right blind spot
13. Ferguson Ave – too slow under 35km – parked cars/oncoming vehicle you can be slow, but if the road is clear you need to stay around 40km
14. Main Highway / Robert St – Please signal your turn
15. Amy Street – Uphill keep left
Part 2 :
16. Ellerslie Park Road x2 Stop Sign – Full Stop
17. EPH – lane changing – indicate till you are fully in the lane, control your speed downhill and search for vehicles turning.
18. Left Turn on Ferndale – Shoulder check before moving in / Gap selection
19. Ferndale Road – narrow keep left.
20. Right Turn into Penrose Road – Flush medium – vehicle position / gap selection
21. GSR – Curved dual lane road, keep in the left lane and keep left
22. South-Eastern Hwy – lane changing x4 keep an eye on your speed and vehicle position
23. Right Turn into Gavin Street – Gap selection and give way rule
24. Gavin St – keep left
25. Roundabouts – keep left and indicate out
Two Critical Errors in stage 1 - IFE
Driving Test Tips and Advice
Learn from what other have done wrong and try not to repeat them.