Penrose Test Area
Common Errors / Faults:
1. Leaving the carpark – indicate out and do a shoulder check.
2. Left Turn on GSR – there are 2 lanes keep in the left lane.
3. Left Turn on Rockfield – Check your left blind spot for cyclist and also check for vehicle turning right and people crossing the road
4. Ewenson Ave – the road is narrow, keep left
5. Konini Road – it has a sharp corner, keep left, don’t go over the center line
6. GSR – downhill watch your speed when changing lanes
7. Business Park – recheck the pedestrian crossing (go slower)
8. Moving off/on the road – shoulder check
9. Before Turning Right into GSR – you need to move into the right lane. Indicate and check your right shoulder / blind spot
10. Haronui Road / narrow roads – took close to other vehicles
11. Parallel Parking on Cadman – took wide / Recheck
12. U-turn on Kawau – don’t rush, keep left and check your right blind spot
13. Ferguson Ave – too slow under 35km – parked cars/oncoming vehicle you can be slow, but if the road is clear you need to stay around 40km
14. Main Highway / Robert St – Please signal your turn
15. Amy Street – Uphill keep left
16. Ellerslie Park Road x2 Stop Sign – Full Stop
17. EPH – lane changing – indicate till you are fully in the lane, control your speed downhill and search for vehicles turning.
18. Left Turn on Ferndale – Shoulder check before moving in / Gap selection
19. Ferndale Road – narrow keep left.
20. Right Turn into Penrose Road – Flush medium – vehicle position / gap selection
21. GSR – Curved dual lane road, keep in the left lane and keep left
22. South-Eastern Hwy – lane changing x4 keep an eye on your speed and vehicle position
23. Right Turn into Gavin Street – Gap selection and give way rule
24. Gavin St – keep left
25. Roundabouts – keep left and indicate out